The cooling tunnel KALTENPLUS designed and manufactured by FECOATEC, is a completely automatic machine for controlled cooling of different food products.
It is a straight conveyor, single-stage, with insulating removable covers. Product is conveyed and cooled by Convection-Conduction and Radiation through cooling air at controlled temperature and humidity.
It is remarkable the hygienic design of the cooling tunnel, the accessibility for both sides of it, and the high efficiency in heat exchanging (cooling).
WHAT IS KALTENPLUS
From small to large-scale productions, available in widths from 400 mm to 2.000 mm, and with adapted lengths according to each application, of up to 100 meters.
It is the best solution for cooling with controlled temperature and humidity, of many products such as biscuits, pralines, cereal bars, caramel, pastries… and products enrobed with chocolate or any other fat that requires crystallization.
It is remarkable the cooling of chocolate enrobed products, as cooling is always done at same conditions, ensuring a good gloss, long shelf life and proper crystallization.
All parameters of the cooling tunnel KALTENPLUS are adjustable from touch screen HMI of the machine.
- Hygienic design, all parts in contact with product are easy to clean and maintain.
- Modular design of the cooling tunnel, consisting in 2-meter length sections.
- All cooling tunnels KALTENPLUS, are fully manufactured in stainless steel AISI304L.
- With modular sandwich-type cover, with inside and outside of the cover in stainless steel. Airtight due to perimetral gasket. With 40 mm thickness polyurethane insulation.
- Each modular cover can be opened easily from both sides or be easily removed from the cooling tunnel just pulling up. Width of each cover: 1 meter.
- Every cover can be independently opened from the others.
- Food grade, anti static, polyurethane blue color belt, for product conveying and efficient heat exchanging through it.
- Automatic double tracking of the belt, in both ends of cooling tunnel, through photocells and pneumatic cylinders.
- Automatic belt tensioning system is automatic and adjustable.
- Air cooling system integrated in the cooling tunnel, by means of cold water/glycol (from 0ºC to 10ºC inlet temperature, according to application)
- Depending on length of the cooling tunnel, from 1 to 6 cooling zones. In each cooling zone, can be set the cooling air temperature and the cooling airflow.
- Control is made by PLC and HMI (Touch Screen), for precise control of all parameters. Automatic adaptive control of the cooling air, ensures that regardless of internal conditions in cooling tunnel the air temperature is kept stable.
What define Kaltenplus?
- DRY AIR INJECTION. The cooling tunnel KALTENPLUS, can be equipped with external Air Dryer DAHU, that injects very dry air into the cooling tunnel. The Air Dryer DAHU is typically located closed to the Air Cooling System.
- COLD SLABS (BOTTOM COOLING). For extra bottom cooling, the Surface where the belt is sliding are installed stainless steel cold slabs, where cold water/glycol recirculates internally, improving the bottom cooling of the product.
- WATER CHILLER. In case there is not cold water line in the factory where the cooling tunnel is installed, it is possible to install an external Water Chiller to feed the cooling tunnel, designed according to cold water/glycol requirements of cooling tunnel.
- ELECTRICAL AIR HEATER. An electrical air heater can be installed in the return of the belt, after the cooling coil, with the aim of reheat the air after cooling it and consequently reducing relative humidity of the cooling air.
- BELT WASHING TROLLEY. An automatic belt washing trolley can be installed in the return of the belt. The purpose is to wash and dry the belt. Easily removable, supported over wheels. With motorized brushes, hot water hopper and drying scrapers. Equipped with pneumatic cylinders that elevate the trolley when in washing position, and lower when it needs to be removed from the cooling tunnel.